Sunday, October 13, 2013

Puppy Update : #1

Over the past 3 weeks or so I have become road puppy obsessed! An interesting aspect of these bikes is that people repeatedly state in their posts "...not a lot is known about these bikes..." Or they think they were a form of Japanese paratrooper bikes in the war that got rebranded and sold post war.

I was searching through the internet and found a handful of these for sale and a few advertisements. 99% of the puppies for sale seem to be of an original style and I have found two occurrences of a version that has a different folding mechanism. I bought one. :) Since then I found another alternative folder with original paint. Really nice.


So how is the restore coming...
I am at the 90% mark of the restoration. All of the big improvements have been completed( major derusting, cleaning of all the components [minus the crank], regressing the ball bearings, trying to save the grips ) and I completed the final stages of re greasing the bearings and just finished reassembling the whole thing! [ pix below ]

I'm going to put up a very large update which will give more information on how the restoration was done with at least 50-70 pics. I am not done with it yet! Check back in a week.


Now if anyone has tires that fit this little beast I would be very happy!


 



















No comments:

Post a Comment